Google season of Docs

Luciano Resende

Mar 19, 2019, 5:21:49 PM3/19/19
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jovyans,

Google is organizing the "Season of Docs" with the goal of: bring open
source and technical writer communities together, to the benefit of
both. Together we raise awareness of open source, of docs, and of
technical writing. Below there are links to more information: [1]
season-of-docs website, and [2] the program timeline, but in summary,
this looks like Google Summer of Code for technical writers to come
and help with open source projects documentation.

If folks are interested, I could look into this and prepare to enroll
Jupyter as a participating organization. The only caveat I am not sure
here is if this becomes "Jupyter" or NumFocus as the 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization behind Jupyter.

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/
[2] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/timeline

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Chris Holdgraf

Mar 19, 2019, 5:23:34 PM3/19/19
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Hey Luciano - thanks for noting this! For what it's worth, I am happy to help participate in any documentation improvements in the jupyter ecosystem!

Carol Willing

Mar 21, 2019, 1:14:55 PM3/21/19
to Project Jupyter
Thanks Luciano. It would be wonderful to participate. Ana could tell you for sure but I think NumFOCUS would be the 501(c)(3).

One of the nice things is that the program is not limited to only students but others in the open source community as well.