Work full time on Project Jupyter/IPython

Brian Granger

Apr 29, 2015, 4:22:38 PM4/29/15
to IPython Development list, jup...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

[this email has been approved by the Jupyter/IPython Steering Council]

I wanted to let the community know that we are currently hiring 3 full time software engineers to work full time on Project Jupyter/IPython. These positions will be in my group at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. We are looking for frontend and backend software engineers with lots of Python/JavaScript experience and a passion for open source software. The details can be found here:

This is an unusual opportunity in a couple of respects:

* These positions will allow you to work on open source software full time - not as a X% side project (aka weekends and evenings).
* These are full benefited positions (CA state retirement, health care, etc.)
* You will get to work and live in San Luis Obispo, one of the nicest places on earth. We are minutes from the beach, have perfect year-round weather and are close to both the Bay Area and So Cal.

I am more than willing to talk to any who interested about these positions.

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub

Wes Turner

Apr 29, 2015, 4:28:56 PM4/29/15
to IPython developers list, jup...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like an interesting gig.

Brian Granger

Apr 29, 2015, 4:39:56 PM4/29/15
to jup...@googlegroups.com, IPython developers list
Let me know if you want to chat about this...

Cheers,

Brian