Docker Jupiter persistent user and password

piero.chia...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2017, 7:32:19 PM7/28/17
to Project Jupyter
hi jupyter experts,

I need to make use of several jupyter users each with their own user and password all with docker. The problem is that the users I create in the container docker will not stay and I will lose them all at the reboot. Is there a way to go from outside to dock users with their possword so you do not have to re-enter them every time you reboot the container? I would like the authentication procedure to roam local and not to use the various Gothub oAuth modules etc.

Bests,

piero

Roland Weber

Aug 9, 2017, 7:44:09 AM8/9/17
to Project Jupyter
Hello Piero,

the clean solution is to set up an LDAP server and have the Docker container authenticate users with that.
A hacky solution could copy/append user definitions from an external volume when the container starts up.

hope that helps,
  Roland