Audio from remote Jupyter setup

Iztok Jeras

Jun 8, 2017, 4:14:29 PM6/8/17
to Project Jupyter
I would like to have audio support in a browser while accessing Jupyter on another computer.

I see two use cases:
1. Jupyter hub
2. embedded device without a sound device running Jupyter

I have an ARM embedded device which could run SDR software,
I am using Jupyter to access the device HW, and it works great, thanks.
But I am not able to send audio to the device (for processing for example) and
I am unable to play audio generated on the device.

I think WebRTC would be a good choice to implement this.
There appears to be at least some Python code written for WebRTC (I did not actually watch it yet):

What do you think, how useful would this be for Jupyter hub?

Regards,
Iztok Jeras

Lawrence D’Oliveiro

Jun 11, 2017, 11:18:49 PM6/11/17
to Project Jupyter
On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 8:14:29 AM UTC+12, Iztok Jeras wrote:
I would like to have audio support in a browser while accessing Jupyter on another computer.

This is quite easy:

    from IPython.display import Audio

    Audio(url="http://www.nch.com.au/acm/8k16bitpcm.wav")

(example taken from <https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/ipython/ipython/blob/3.x/examples/IPython%20Kernel/Rich%20Output.ipynb>.)