Jupyter startup

Vince Yu

Jan 14, 2018, 11:53:33 PM1/14/18
to Project Jupyter
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask this community. Where I can execute the Jupyter Notebook locally without undergoing installation due to restricted rights(pip and anaconda).

So far, I have tested by installing other packages numpy, matplotlib, and others to PC A. Then copy pasting the extracted folders and files into PC B. But with jupyter, to execute it via cmd i am missing something; eventhough I did the same process as the other packages.

So I would like to understand where and what does the shortcut(cmd: jupyter notebook) do.

Lawrence D’Oliveiro

Jan 15, 2018, 1:04:47 AM1/15/18
to Project Jupyter
On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 5:53:33 PM UTC+13, Vince Yu wrote:
Where I can execute the Jupyter Notebook locally without undergoing installation due to restricted rights ...

I set up a virtualenv in my home directory where Jupyter is installed, and all my notebooks are in my own user area anyway.

David Doherty

Feb 13, 2018, 11:31:08 AM2/13/18
to Project Jupyter
Got any example error details? I've gone through this a couple times as I'm in a corporate firewall but I'm not exactly sure what the issue is.

I would recommend following Lawrence's approach if you're not