Jupyter Command Line

testb...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2017, 11:44:55 AM8/4/17
to Project Jupyter
Hi,
I'm using the JupyterHub  in Linux  that comes with Anaconda 3.x .
Could anyone please clarify on the below?

1. Can I use the terminal to run the shell  commands or jobs ? For example, I have python pyspark code developed in  Jupyter and want to run as a Spark Submit Job from within Jupyter ? Is this possible?

2. Can I schedule my spark jobs using JupyterHub?

3. If I can't run the code as a job from JupyterHub, is my only option is to run outside of JupyterHub from the command line?

Thanks in advance!

MinRK

Aug 6, 2017, 7:00:19 AM8/6/17
to Project Jupyter
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 5:44 PM, <testb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I'm using the JupyterHub  in Linux  that comes with Anaconda 3.x .
Could anyone please clarify on the below?

1. Can I use the terminal to run the shell  commands or jobs ? For example, I have python pyspark code developed in  Jupyter and want to run as a Spark Submit Job from within Jupyter ? Is this possible?

Yes, it is a regular terminal. You should be able to do anything you can in a shell inside this terminal.

2. Can I schedule my spark jobs using JupyterHub?

Yes, if you can submit it via the Python API from a notebook, or from a shell command in the terminal, it should work in JupyterHub in the same way as it would outside JupyterHub.

-Min

testb...@gmail.com