Jupyter notebook for concurrent logins and shared libraries

rockssk

Mar 21, 2018, 4:42:09 PM3/21/18
to Project Jupyter
All,

   we have multiple python projects going on currently , each have their own virtual environment and maintain the dependant packages/libraries within the venv

   We are looking for a solution where
      1. Multiple developers can login at the same time into a central notebook app, and execute code within their venv
      2. Maintain dependent libraries/packages at a central location.
      3. Be able to execute python and pyspark code from the notebook

Any pointers/solution is much appreciated

Paul Hobson

Mar 21, 2018, 4:49:53 PM3/21/18
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Rockssk,

I think JupyterHub can handle parts 1 and 3:
https://github.com/jupyterhub/jupyterhub

I'm not sure about your needs for 2, though.
-paul

Michael Milligan

Mar 21, 2018, 5:29:00 PM3/21/18
to jup...@googlegroups.com
For #2 it depends on how complex your dependencies are, but in general making each virtual environment available as a Jupyter kernel should do what you want. Hint: you'll want to edit the "kernel.json" files to give them descriptive names for the UI!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted