Julia magic not working

Dan

Feb 1, 2018, 9:27:31 PM2/1/18
to Project Jupyter
I cannot get %%julia magic to work. I can use a julia kernel for a notebook, but I want to be able to use python mainly but use julia occasionally.

I have tried every method that I could find with a google search to activate julia magic so I thought I would make a forum post somewhere. Plz help!

Thomas Kluyver

Feb 2, 2018, 5:12:53 AM2/2/18
to Project Jupyter
You need to install pyjulia. See the instructions in the readme:
https://github.com/JuliaPy/pyjulia

And then inside IPython, run:

%load_ext julia.magic