Congratulations to Thomas Kluyver

Carol Willing

Oct 12, 2017, 3:21:42 PM10/12/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com, Ewa Jodlowska, Naomi Ceder, Guido van Rossum
Please join me in thanking Thomas for all that he does for the Python and Jupyter communities. Congrats on the Python/PSF Community Service Award. We are so happy for you.

Carol Willing

Research Software Engineer
Project Jupyter at Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo
@willingc on GitHub and @willingcarol on Twitter

Signature Strengths
Empathy - Relator - Ideation - Strategic - Learner

Jessica B. Hamrick

Oct 12, 2017, 3:25:25 PM10/12/17
to Project Jupyter, Ewa Jodlowska, Naomi Ceder, Guido van Rossum
Congratulations, Thomas! The award is well-deserved :-)

kikocorreoso

Oct 12, 2017, 3:49:11 PM10/12/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com, Ewa Jodlowska, Naomi Ceder, Guido van Rossum, Jessica B. Hamrick
Congratulations!!!

Thomas Kluyver

Oct 13, 2017, 5:22:58 AM10/13/17
to Project Jupyter, Ewa Jodlowska, Naomi Ceder, Guido van Rossum, Jessica B. Hamrick
Thanks all! This was something of an unexpected honour.

I'm very grateful to the Jupyter/IPython team for giving me such an encouraging start in open source development when I showed up on a mailing list a few years ago with a half-working port of IPython to Python 3. With hindsight, I can appreciate how fortunate I was to have this community as my portal into the open source world.

Thomas

On 12 October 2017 at 20:49, kikocorreoso <kikoco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Congratulations!!!

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Carol Willing <will...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please join me in thanking Thomas for all that he does for the Python and Jupyter communities. Congrats on the Python/PSF Community Service Award. We are so happy for you.

Carol Willing

Research Software Engineer
Project Jupyter at Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo
@willingc on GitHub and @willingcarol on Twitter

Signature Strengths
Empathy - Relator - Ideation - Strategic - Learner

MinRK

Oct 13, 2017, 5:41:37 AM10/13/17
to Project Jupyter
Congratulations Thomas! Excellent work all around.

-Min

Damián Avila

Oct 13, 2017, 9:11:26 AM10/13/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Tomas!
And thanks for you endless work in the Jupyter ecosystem and, in general, in the open source world!!

Cheers.

Damián Avila

Grant Nestor

Oct 13, 2017, 1:00:00 PM10/13/17
to Project Jupyter
How cool!! Congrats Thomas and thanks for all of your contributions to Project Jupyter (especially for your help on the notebook)!

Thomas Kluyver

Oct 13, 2017, 4:12:38 PM10/13/17
to gu...@python.org, Project Jupyter, Ewa Jodlowska, Naomi Ceder, Jessica B. Hamrick
Thank-you very much :-)

On 13 October 2017 at 18:17, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
Congrats Thomas! Your have improved our software *and* our community.
--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)

Steven Silvester

Oct 14, 2017, 7:22:02 AM10/14/17
to Project Jupyter
Congratulations Thomas!  Your contributions to and engagement with the open source community are astounding.

Carlos Córdoba

Oct 14, 2017, 4:12:58 PM10/14/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Thomas!! Thanks for all your hard work in IPython/Jupyter, it's been a terrific contribution to all the Scientific Python community!

Cheers,
Carlos

Brian Granger

Oct 14, 2017, 8:18:17 PM10/14/17
to Project Jupyter
Thomas, many congrats on this recognition of your wide reaching, fantastic work!
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/5debba49-dd61-4feb-13da-15e18635263e%40gmail.com.

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
bgra...@calpoly.edu and elli...@gmail.com

Jason Grout

Oct 14, 2017, 11:22:58 PM10/14/17
to Project Jupyter
Thomas,

Congrats! Definitely a well-deserved award - you're a great example to us.

Jason

Thomas Kluyver

Oct 15, 2017, 11:23:18 AM10/15/17
to Project Jupyter
Thanks everyone!

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/2d3a8cf8-21fd-4a7f-9d11-d15665e3b620%40googlegroups.com.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/5debba49-dd61-4feb-13da-15e18635263e%40gmail.com.

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
bgra...@calpoly.edu and elli...@gmail.com

Yuvi Panda

Oct 16, 2017, 2:23:16 PM10/16/17
to Project Jupyter
This is awesome :) Congratulations, Thomas! Hopefully I'll get to eat
icecream with you again sometime soon :)

Fernando Perez

Oct 18, 2017, 2:53:17 AM10/18/17
to Project Jupyter
On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Yuvi Panda <yuvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is awesome :) Congratulations, Thomas! Hopefully I'll get to eat
icecream with you again sometime soon :)

Late to the party, but delighted to join the chorus! Having you on this project has been a privilege, and you've left your imprint across both the entire IPython/Jupyter space and the broader community.  Many thanks for everything you've done, and hoping to have many more years of fruitful collaborations.

A well-deserved recognition!

Best

M Pacer

Oct 18, 2017, 7:40:12 PM10/18/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Thomas! Well-deserved!

Thank you for all the great things that you've done and the great things you will do going forward!