code completion showing each attribute twice

Michel Jadoul

Dec 15, 2017, 7:48:42 AM12/15/17
to Project Jupyter
Hello,

I installed Anacond, PyCharm and several Python packages.
I worked for some week.
I just observed that code completion show each attribute twice in the drop down list.
Can't guess since when this is so.

Would you have a suggestion about that?

Thanks,

Michel

Steven Silvester

Dec 15, 2017, 7:40:16 PM12/15/17
to Project Jupyter
Hi Michel, are you using JupyterLab? If so, that is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release.

https://github.com/jupyterlab/jupyterlab/issues/3365

Regards,

Steve

Michel Jadoul

Dec 17, 2017, 3:33:15 PM12/17/17
to Project Jupyter
Thanks Steve!

I thought I was only using Jupyter Notebooks.
However, below is start up log from the command prompt.
There is written Jupyterlab here and there.
Would that mean that I am using JupyterLab without knowing?
I had re-installed completely my PC with the latest Anaconda release, on month ago.
Anyway, I would be interested to use the full-featured JupyterLab. Would that be a start?

Thanks,

Michel

Log screen:

[I 21:19:25.001 NotebookApp] [jupyter_nbextensions_configurator] enabled 0.2.8
[I 21:19:25.087 NotebookApp] JupyterLab alpha preview extension loaded from C:\Users\mjtoys\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyterlab
JupyterLab v0.27.0
Known labextensions:
[I 21:19:25.093 NotebookApp] Running the core application with no additional extensions or settings
[I 21:19:25.161 NotebookApp] Serving notebooks from local directory: C:\Users\mjtoys\Documents\_Work\Jupyter notebooks
[I 21:19:25.162 NotebookApp] 0 active kernels
[I 21:19:25.162 NotebookApp] The Jupyter Notebook is running at:
[I 21:19:25.162 NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels (twice to skip confirmation).
[C 21:19:25.168 NotebookApp]

    Copy/paste this URL into your browser when you connect for the first time,
    to login with a token:
[I 21:19:25.247 NotebookApp] Accepting one-time-token-authenticated connection from ::1

Steven Silvester

Dec 17, 2017, 6:38:49 PM12/17/17
to Project Jupyter
Hi Michel, no, it looks like the JupyterLab extension is available but you didn't load it. We welcome you to try JupyterLab. If you're seeing the behavior in the Jupyter Notebook then you are welcome to open an issue on https://github.com/jupyter/notebook/issues.

Regards,

Steve