Is it possible to add kernels to Google Colab's Jupyter Notebook?

rraallvv

Feb 19, 2018, 8:57:13 AM2/19/18
to Project Jupyter
I'd like to run other kernels beside the one for Python on Google Colab's Jupyter Notebook (formally colaboratory.jupyter.org). Is there a way to do that?

Carol Willing

Feb 19, 2018, 10:10:27 AM2/19/18
to Project Jupyter
Hello!

I don't believe that you can add additional kernels to Google's Colab currently. Though things evolve rapidly, so it would be best to contact Google's Colab team and consult their FAQ and Stack Overflow channel.

As Google Colaboratory is a service that uses Jupyter Notebook, I recommend checking out the Colab FAQ:  https://research.google.com/colaboratory/faq.html and docs for a specific answer. They also have a channel on Stack Overflow to ask questions: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask/advice?tags=google-colaboratory

rraallvv

Feb 19, 2018, 2:57:26 PM2/19/18
to Project Jupyter
Thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated.