nbdime does not exit with Ctrl-C on Windows

Denis Akhiyarov

Nov 27, 2017, 2:42:40 PM11/27/17
to Project Jupyter
Any reason why nbdime cannot exit with Ctrl-C if launched in interactive web mode? I have to kill the nbdime server from another command-line session:

C:\Windows\system32>taskkill /f /im nbdime*
SUCCESS: The process "nbdime.exe" with PID 5844 has been terminated.

Vidar Tonaas Fauske

Nov 28, 2017, 7:36:26 AM11/28/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
The tornado server on Windows has some issues with Ctrl+C not being
processed until the next time it gets a request. I see that the
notebook server handles this by periodically running a callback. I'll
try to put something similar into the next patch release (hopefully
this week).

As a temporary workaround, you can kill it with Ctrl + Pause/Break (if
you have that button on your keyboard).

Lawrence D’Oliveiro

Nov 30, 2017, 9:24:03 PM11/30/17
to Project Jupyter
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 8:42:40 AM UTC+13, Denis Akhiyarov wrote:
Any reason why nbdime cannot exit with Ctrl-C if launched in interactive web mode?

Perhaps because CTRL/C means Copy in Windows?