dashboard applications built on Jupyter

Satish Abburi

Jan 18, 2018, 2:00:19 AM1/18/18
to Project Jupyter

Looking for any references who has built analytics user facing dashboards on Jupyter notebooks, where the presentation layer can be customized using JS/CSS. Are they libraries we can leverage for accomplishing this.

Thanks,
Satish

Ian Stuart

Feb 23, 2018, 7:54:43 AM2/23/18
to Project Jupyter
Sort of......

Installing an extension to operate with the Dashboard page (as opposed to within a notebook) is relatively easy. The analytics part is beyond my ken

Code setup
./
 setup
.py
 myExt
/
  __init__
.py
  amd
/
.js

setup.py:
#!/usr/bin/env python

from setuptools import setup

setup(name='name',
      version='version',
      description='description',
      author='Me',
      author_email='m...@example.com',
      packages=['myApp'],
      package_data={'myApp': ['amd:/*']},
      include_package_data=True,
     )

__init__.py
def _jupyter_nbextension_paths():
    return [{
        'section': 'tree',
        'src': 'amd',
        'dest': 'myApp',
        'require': 'myApp/index'
    }]

index.js
'use strict';

define(['jquery'], function ($) {

/*
############# add some validity checking to the dialog box ##############
*/
return {
load_ipython_extension: load_ipython_extension
};

function load_ipython_extension() {
// do stuff

id: 'my-app-div',