Jupyter Interactive and animated plot

Juan Manuel Mauricio

Mar 12, 2018, 5:48:36 AM3/12/18
to Project Jupyter
Is it possible to create an interactive animated plot in jupyter notebook or jupyter lab?
There are examples of animated plots. There are examples of interactive plots (i.e. slider widget). But I can't find an example of doing interaction with an animated plot.

Michael Milligan

Mar 14, 2018, 5:26:42 PM3/14/18
to jup...@googlegroups.com
In principle the animation options available and the interactive widgets shouldn't interfere with one another. E.g. if you call a function that displays a matplotlib FuncAnimation from interact(), nothing there should break. You might not get a very satisfying experience, though. Depending on the complexity of the animation, the latency for responding to the widget might not feel very interactive, since that approach would mean regenerating the whole animation for every interaction.

You might get a better response if you could give us a more specific idea of what you are trying to accomplish.