Markdown cell doesn't allow "rdar://.." URL

inyeo...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 4:34:29 PM8/12/17
to Project Jupyter
I'm trying to add link to Apple's Radar URL (rdar://...) to markdown cell, but nothing seems to work. What I tried are:

--- begin markdown cell ---
* Conventional markdown: [blabla](rdar://problem/123456)
* Embedded HTML: <a href="rdar://problem/123456">blabla</a>
* Angle bracket as documented in Jupyter: <rdar://problem/123456>
--- end markdown cell ---

However nothing works - when I run the cell, the "blabla" part appears as link but they're not clickable. I checked the generated HTML page but it doesn't generate necessary <a href=...> tag either.

If I change the "rdar://" part to "html://" the the notebook converts them to proper link. Looks like Jupyter doesn't support "rdar://" URL, not even in embedded HTML.

Is this behavior expected? or is it a bug?

inyeo...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 4:37:30 PM8/12/17
to Project Jupyter

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 1:34:29 PM UTC-7, inyeo...@gmail.com wrote:
If I change the "rdar://" part to "html://" the the notebook converts them to proper link. Looks like Jupyter doesn't support "rdar://" URL, not even in embedded HTML.

typo: "html://" --> "http://"

Matthias Bussonnier

Aug 12, 2017, 4:45:45 PM8/12/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
The markdown in sanitized by google caja, it's whitelist based, so we
probably need to whitelist the rdar:// urls. Could you open an issue
on https://github.com/jupyter/notebook ?

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/3d700ede-97b7-420c-afe7-6a5c9041f304%40googlegroups.com.

inyeo...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 2:33:34 AM8/13/17