JV zoom meeting

Jean-Michel Margot

Feb 8, 2021, 12:58:56 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
I'm very sorry, but I have to stop to try starting a new meeting.

It was good to see and speak with everybody. Thanks for joining
yesterday and today. Thanks to Dennis, Ariel and Garmt to have acted as
co-hosts.

The recording is now converted to computer files and we will try to get
some shots out for you all to remember this first experience, which
ended too too early. Again, my apologies for that.

J.-M.

https://www.avg.com

Dennis Kytasaari

Feb 8, 2021, 1:03:26 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
No worries Jean-Michel.

We can try again in the future.

Dennis
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jules-verne-forum/c9b29d96-dbc4-43f6-6540-2086f6f8a8cc%40mindspring.com.

Jan Rychlík

Feb 8, 2021, 1:03:57 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Dear, Jean-Michel,
anyway thank you so much and to Dennis, Ariel and Garmt. It was nice to meet you. the recording will be welcome as most of us were not able to participate all the 24 hrs and there was always something to listen to!
Jan

Ariel Pérez Rodríguez

Feb 8, 2021, 1:04:18 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jean-Michel for your kind offer to host the meeting.
It was good to see people after all these years and put faces to names.

Best,
Ariel

Andrew Nash

Feb 8, 2021, 1:04:37 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Jean-Michel.
Thank you Dennis, and Ariel and Garmt (sorry I didn't get to see your face Garmt..next time).

This does all prove that this "digital stuff" can work, across the globe.

Excellent idea......
Votre Bien Dévoué,
Andrew Nash

Stefan Marniok

Feb 8, 2021, 1:09:53 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jean-Michel! It was great to see some people again and others for the first time. Thank you very much, this event may be repeated with pleasure.

Stefan Marniok

Feb 8, 2021, 1:20:49 PM2/8/21
to Jules Verne Forum
Thank you so much for organizing and hosting this
Great to be able to meet in this way!

[and yes, regardless og Covid 19 - something for presenting papers at future, truly international, JVconventions ]

Best, Per Johan

Alain Braut

Feb 8, 2021, 1:50:51 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com, Jean-Michel Margot
Hello,
I was working today, and I see it is finished now.

Maybe I'll have the possibility to be with you another day.

But It seems it was a great moment!

A great idea for the 193 years of Jules!

Best regards,
Alain

Valeria Smolianinova

Feb 8, 2021, 2:05:04 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
 I have no words to say how happy I am to communicate with you today!
 It is wonderful, fine, fascinatingly etc.!  Thank you, Jean-Michel, Garmt,Ariel, Dennis for organization
 of this amazing event. Thank all of you for the interesting conversation (and patience and support for me
with my bad English 😉😌😔).
 We really were together in this day. This is the unforgettably! I wish you all success
and many new interesting readings of our JV!
And new meetings, of course.
Vernibo,
yours sincerely
Valeria

Garmt de Vries-Uiterweerd

Feb 8, 2021, 2:16:17 PM2/8/21
to JVF
Having an online convention was an idea that came up today, and I think it's a great idea. Of course, nothing beats meeting in real life and enjoying a good meal and a drink together outside of sessions, but meeting online is a terrific alternative. Not only during a pandemic, but also for people who can't easily go abroad to attend live meetings: work, money, health, family, politics... there are so many factors that can be in the way.

If there is sufficient enthusiasm, I'd be happy to help coordinate such an event. It shouldn't get in the way of other planned meetings of course. We could decide on a suitable date. And who knows, this could be a regular Forum activity.

Cheers,
Garmt

Valeria Smolianinova

Feb 8, 2021, 2:23:45 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
That would be excellent!

Valeria Smolianinova

Feb 8, 2021, 2:26:26 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com

It was wonderful! And I also hope that this meeting is not the last.

Понедельник, 8 февраля 2021, 21:50 +03:00 от Alain Braut <alain...@aliceadsl.fr>:

Valeria Smolianinova

Crovisier Jacques

Feb 8, 2021, 2:31:46 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Ce moment convivial a été une expérience fondatrice d'une nouvelle façon de
nous rencontrer entre verniens. Je suis sûr que Jules Verne, toujours à
l'affut des nouvelles technologies, l'aurait apprécié. C'est à renouveler!

This convivial time was the founding experiment of a new way to
communicate between Vernians. I am sure that Jules Verne would have
appreciated this new technology. Let's do it again!

Et un grand merci aux organisateurs.

Jacques Crovisier

* Jacques Crovisier
* Jacques....@obspm.fr tel 33 (0)145077599
* http://www.lesia.obspm.fr/perso/jacques-crovisier/
* Observatoire de Paris, LESIA, Bat. 17B
* 5 place Jules Janssen, 92195 Meudon, France

Valeria Smolianinova

Feb 8, 2021, 2:35:22 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Jules Verne said: "The world is getting smaller". And he is right!

Понедельник, 8 февраля 2021, 22:31 +03:00 от Crovisier Jacques <jacques....@obspm.fr>:

Valeria Smolianinova

Nicolás Moragues

Feb 8, 2021, 5:00:48 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
My dear Jean Michel, and my dear Vernian colleagues.

Thank you very much for participating in the third meeting of the Day to read Verne. Although this year has been managed in a bit hasty due the Covid-19, I think the result has been simply magnificent!!!

Hopefully this becomes a tradition and, from now on, every February 8 we can meet all lovers of the French genius and commemorate his legacy. I am attaching a small gift (please forgive me for those who have participated and have not been able to "verify" them, I could not be in all the rooms at all hours ;-)

Vernianamente,

2021 DLV Reunion online copia.jpg

Dennis Kytasaari

Feb 8, 2021, 6:23:46 PM2/8/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com

Valeria Smolianinova

Feb 15, 2021, 1:51:09 PM2/15/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com

Oh, Nicolas, thank you very much! This is a wonderful photo! It will be our memory, so that we remember this day and each other in person.

Valeria