isfdb - an amzing site with a lot of informaiton.

Andrew Nash

Mar 3, 2021, 2:45:18 PM3/3/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com

I’m not sure if many of you are familiar with the

ISFDB – Internet Science Fiction Database.

I just recently came across it.

It has a few great pages on Jules Verne

This first link, shows Verne translations in various languages. Where possible, it shows the first few lines in EACH language.

(Quite a labour of love!)

Jules Verne Translations: http://www.isfdb.org/wiki/index.php/Jules_Verne_Translations

Jules Verne Bibliography:  http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?159+All

Voyages Extraordinaires:     http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/pe.cgi?4077

It even has a full breakdown of various editions, like this for the Set by Vincent Parke!!!

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/publisher.cgi?31636

One of the main updaters recently, seems to be Doug Holmes. I have to try to get in touch with him!

… Andrew

Garmt de Vries-Uiterweerd

Mar 3, 2021, 2:51:22 PM3/3/21
to JVF
A nice find, Andrew. I wasn't aware of this site.

That list of translations... a labour of love, indeed! Since it is a wiki, the love can be shared. If members of this forum all put in a bit of effort, this page will soon become ten times as large!

Cheers,
Garmt.

C.W. Gross

Mar 3, 2021, 4:42:47 PM3/3/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
The ISFdB has been a HUGE help in tracking down obscure scientific romances in old magazines for my blog and the anthologies I publish. Whoever is behind it is truly doing God's work.

Cory