answer() method doesn't work on Windows 11

Mir Garey

Apr 15, 2022, 7:29:04 AM4/15/22
to JsSIP
Hi everyone! I'm using jssip 3.9.0 and freeswitch 1.10.7.
Trying to make an incoming video call to a jssip client, but on Windows 11 the answer() method doesn't do anything at all. At the same time it does work fine on Mac, Ubuntu or older versions of Windows. Has anyone had the same issue?

Alex Balashov

Apr 15, 2022, 11:48:16 AM4/15/22
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mir,

Well, the answer() method doesn’t inherently do much. You need to attach the audio and video tracks to <audio> and <video> DOM elements to get them to play.

Perhaps something like this:

<audio id=“my_audio”></audio>
<video id=“my_video”></video>

session.answer({
mediaConstraints: { video: true, audio: true }
});

session.connection.addEventListener(’track’, t => {
let elem = undefined;

if(t.track.kind === ‘audio’)
elem = document.getElementById(‘#my_audio’);
else if(t.track.kind === ‘video’)
elem = document.getElementById(‘#my_video’);

if(elem) {
elem.srcObject = t.streams[0];
elem.play();
}
});

— Alex

> On Apr 15, 2022, at 7:29 AM, Mir Garey <gare...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone! I'm using jssip 3.9.0 and freeswitch 1.10.7.
> Trying to make an incoming video call to a jssip client, but on Windows 11 the answer() method doesn't do anything at all. At the same time it does work fine on Mac, Ubuntu or older versions of Windows. Has anyone had the same issue?

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Mir Garey

Apr 20, 2022, 1:44:46 AM4/20/22
to JsSIP
An important update. It actually works if i reset camera and mic permissions. But it works only once, until the next reset.

Alex Balashov

Apr 20, 2022, 6:24:41 AM4/20/22
to js...@googlegroups.com
Yeah…

There’s WebRTC, and then there’s the outermost “user interface” to WebRTC, which sadly none of us control.