translatedPINBlock 99- Wrong format

Israel Meshileya

Dec 5, 2016, 11:26:01 AM12/5/16
to jPOS Users
Good day to you all,

While trying to carry out a transaction on a test environment, I am experiencing this error below:

INFO: MessageProcessor :: process0200:: >>>>>>>>>> translatedPINBlock: 99-Wrong Format.

The PINBLOCK that was been generated from this device was formatted rightly, because.. i have tried making use of the BP - Tools - Cryptographic Calculator 16.10 to carry this out which was successful.

What i do like to ask is this, where am i getting this wrong?

and this is how i am carrying out this with my code

m.set(52, Utils.hexToBytes(pinBlock));

Victor Salaman

Dec 5, 2016, 11:44:19 AM12/5/16
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Through the powers of ancient magic, I'll try to read your mind, and the code you have not supplied. From this, I've determined it's your fault :) The problem lies in the following line in your log file:

INFO: MessageProcessor :: process0200:: >>>>>>>>>> translatedPINBlock: 99-Wrong Format.

Apparently something is saying that your data has the wrong format....

Now seriously, can you be a sport and provide a detailed question, maybe some code, and the steps you made to reach your conclusion.

Thank you,

/V

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Israel Meshileya

Dec 5, 2016, 12:35:54 PM12/5/16
to jPOS Users
Thanks so much for your response @Victor, I do appreciate your time.
Although, I as a client, I am trying to carry out a transaction with a server-side, I was actually been told the HSM is returning back that error log I posted above i.e, the Wrong PINBLOCK format on the demo environment (that was all the detail i was able to get).

Since the field 52 is Personal identification number data field which ought to be b 64, which i was able to get done by using this below code
public static byte[] hexToBytes(String str) {

if (str == null) {

return null;

} else if (str.length() < 2) {

return null;

} else {

short len = (short)(str.length() / 2);

byte[] buffer = new byte[len];

for (short i = 0; i < len; i++) {
                    buffer
[i] = (byte) Integer.parseInt(str.substring(i * 2, i * 2 + 2), 16);

}

return buffer;

}

}

by implementing it like this :
 m.set(52, Utils.hexToBytes(pinBlock));

I still do not know where i am getting it all wrong (why the HSM is returning
MessageProcessor processPINBlock
INFO
| jvm 1    | 2016/12/05 15:53:13 | INFO: MessageProcessor :: process0200 :: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> translatedPINBlock: 99-Wrong Format

Victor Salaman

Dec 5, 2016, 12:50:41 PM12/5/16
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Can you guide us on how this is jPOS relevant?

From your code, I can't see how this is jPOS related and for that matter where exactly do you need help.

This is offtopic, please contact your server endpoint and/or your HSM vendor.

Have an awesome day,