auto responder channel and multiplexer

ms great

Dec 6, 2021, 2:53:53 AM12/6/21
to jPOS Users
Hi guys i am reading in the getaway tutorials and i am in the first one and i am getting so confuse by how channel and mux work together can u explain it plz?

Mark Salter

Dec 6, 2021, 3:40:40 AM12/6/21
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
'Getaway'?

Can I suggest you try harder in the first instance.

You have...

The documentation
The examples
The source
And hopefully the ability to setup some of the examples and look at the code in action in debug.

Any explanation of these components without knowing what you don't understand or what level you are currently at is likely to waste my time and yours.

But...

... a Channel formats the data into and out of the network, using a format that both sides of the network understand and expect.

A MUX does response matching to sent request ,it deals with the matching after the response is parsed from the Channel.

Read 2.2.6 of the current jPOS programmers guide, then all other sections until you u derstand the components it references.
Then you should be in good shape and understanding.

--
Mark

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

Dec 6, 2021, 4:23:33 AM12/6/21
to jPOS Users

thank you for your quick response and  plz excuse my little knowledge
I  read the tutorial more then 20 times  and see the programing guide
what i want not in deep details about channel and mux
what i want to understand what happened after a request go to   auto-responder  in channel
i most get confused about this digram (mux jpos in is channel jpos out ) like how i can't imagen that
i hope you expline to me what happend after we get requested directed to auto-responder
jpos.png

ms great

Dec 6, 2021, 5:19:40 AM12/6/21
to jPOS Users
sorry what i meant gateway

murtuza chhil

Dec 7, 2021, 6:22:13 AM12/7/21
to jPOS Users
The diagram is trying to tell you....

Channel has an "in" , "out" queue (spaces).
Mux has the same "in" and "out" queue BUT Mux's "out" is connected to the channels "in" and Mux's "in" is connected to the channels "out". This is done via configuration of the mux deploy.

So when a mux sends a message, it places it on its "out" space,  this is connected to the channels "in" space which is picked up by the channel and sent out.
When a response comes in, channel places it on its "out" space, this is connected to the mux's "in" space and the response is read by the mux, the matching of keys is done to match request response and response is handed over to the caller.

-chhil