which jpos component to read, to build custom jpos admin

A Haris Kurniawan

Feb 23, 2017, 9:10:52 PM2/23/17
to jPOS Users
i've setup jpos using Q2, use muxpool, tied everything properly...
test using 0800 message, got average around 2200tps... awesome

but then i just see bunch of lines scrolling...
the product that i've build used to have an admin console, either desktop or web

you do understand the eye candy stuff is a good point if you're about to bring this product to a potential/prospetive customer

i've learn isometer, which is buggy, i also tried txmanager-ui.. which is ok for demo....
i've see q2-ui using vaadin

and then i realize i need to build something to manage this stuff.

so my question is, if i want to build something that..
1. list of client connected to the isoserver
2. current, average,max tps
3. the start or stop q2 rely on xml, so the solution would probably filestream modify xml, but i'll let the start, stop, configure manually on the xml..

no i just need a dashboard to show 1 and 2,

my idea is to build a rest-api on qbean, i've plug jetty... but i have no clue which part of jpos to read if i need information 1 and 2.

so wich part do i need to read?

thanks

Alejandro Revilla

Feb 23, 2017, 9:27:12 PM2/23/17
to jPOS Users
You can use JMX to monitor your Q2s from your application.

galih.l...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2017, 10:56:59 PM2/23/17
to jPOS Users
hi haris,

2200tps is great experience do you mind to share how many server  you use so maybe i can also learn from this experience :)

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

galih.l...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2017, 11:00:27 PM2/23/17
to jPOS Users
if your using spring in your jpos and dont wanna all the trouble building jmx interface, theres spring-boot-admin by codecentric https://github.com/codecentric/spring-boot-admin which you can use like a plugins.

Victor Salaman

Feb 23, 2017, 11:28:43 PM2/23/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

That's the great thing about open source, you get to build stuff that you think might be useful and contribute it to make the world a better place. So why not build a nice dashboard and contribute it to the community?

/V

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

A Haris Kurniawan

Feb 23, 2017, 11:57:45 PM2/23/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
@allejandro: thanks :D

@galih: it's a simple unpack-pack echo-message using round-robin muxpool
Using barebone Q2, dont wrap it with spring :). Adjust the session on the txmanager according to your hardware, check the performance(cpu and memory) using top(on linux). While doing this, hit the server with infinite loop of transaction from client, the client is plain java socket, not jpos. You should be able to tune q2 to its optimum with your hardware, and remember processing in byte is significantly faster that processing with string

@victor: i was thinking about making a dashboard but when allejandro points jmx, jconsole is suffice :D, theres a plugin for jmx monitoring using zabbix but i haven't test it yet.

galih.l...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2017, 1:23:54 AM2/24/17
to jPOS Users
hi haris,

but are you using one server or there's more than one server?

hi victor,

are you still on with the jpos spring tutorial? i still dont know how to integrated with the existing qi-ui, but if it just a jpos wrapt with spring maybe i can write some code make something.

Victor Salaman

Feb 24, 2017, 2:18:27 AM2/24/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Galih:

I haven't had time to do the write up, but if you want to play with the demo project, be my guest. You can find it at https://github.com/vmantek/chimera-demo ... All you need to do is "gradle bootRun" to run the demo. Although the demo is meant to show the jPOS-SpringBoot integration, it has some functionality related to this topic.

This demo among other many things uses the Spring Boot Actuator and Jolokia to expose important information through a REST API. Try the following URLs:

This data could be used to fill a dashboard, a Nagios type plugin, etc. Personally for my dashboard stuff I send the data to InfluxDB and graph it with Grafana (http://grafana.org/

I really wish I had more time to document :)

galih.l...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2017, 2:40:00 AM2/24/17
to jPOS Users
wow this is great, maybe i can start from here,