Is there (in jpos) any convertor which convert ISO message from one verion to another version?

Shekhar Jadhav

Mar 8, 2017, 4:36:33 AM3/8/17
to jPOS Users
I want to convert iso message version from 1987 to 1993 and vice versa using jpos.
Is there any convertor present in jpos for it?

Victor Salaman

Mar 8, 2017, 4:42:27 AM3/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

You can create your own fairly quickly. jPOS uses the concept of packagers to encode and decode messages from their native format to an ISOMsg structure, so your job is:

1. Find or create a packager that can read your source format.
2. Read the meesage, which will create an ISOMsg.
3. Create a new ISOMsg.
4. Convert each field from the source ISOMsg to the format you are expecting.
5. Using the target packager create the packed representation.

/V

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 4:36 AM, Shekhar Jadhav <shekharj...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to convert iso message version from 1987 to 1993 and vice versa using jpos.
Is there any convertor present in jpos for it?

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Shekhar Jadhav

Victor Salaman

Mar 8, 2017, 6:04:04 AM3/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

I'm afraid not.

Alejandro Revilla

Mar 8, 2017, 5:18:05 PM3/8/17
to jPOS Users

Most of the time just need to clone() most of the fields (there’s a clone(int[] fields) method) and just adjust the very few that changed from 87 to 93.

Shekhar Jadhav

Mar 8, 2017, 11:25:01 PM3/8/17
to jPOS Users
can you give any example ?
my iso message is [02003020058020C010000010000000088888880000190021000100274214090157038642D2005126583F3132333435363738313233343536373820202020202020000000000000000 ]

Victor Salaman

Mar 9, 2017, 1:10:15 AM3/9/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Wow! I'm impressed by the amount of effort you're putting!

/V

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Sumeet Phadnis

Mar 9, 2017, 6:41:05 AM3/9/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Haha.. its easy to get spoiled by stackoverflow... search/copy/paste :-)

BTW, Shekhar, a good place to do this conversion is a channel filter. Look at section 5.5 in the programmer's guide.