Beginners Course

danilo alves

Oct 28, 2022, 12:50:44 PM10/28/22
to jPOS Users
Hi all.
So i'm working on a company that makes backend simulators for banks and acquirers, senior devs are trying to teach me about the ins and outs of payment system, but i dont think i am developing as fast as i want.
I there any online course, tutorial or something like that, that you would recomend me to learn jpos faster?
I searched the web and this is a very niche product, the only courses i have found is trying to explain how payment methods works, and i would like to have something more programming oriented, in java if possible.
Any recomendation will be apreciated.
Tks.

Alejandro Revilla

Oct 28, 2022, 12:53:12 PM10/28/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
I don't like to plug commercial offerings here, but anybody serious about jPOS development needs to take at the very least the three-day Transactility's remote training.

PS.- I know Barspi (aka 'the facilitator') will hate me for posting this :)

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

danilo alves

Oct 28, 2022, 1:55:41 PM10/28/22
to jPOS Users
i had send an email asking about the course but, 3000 dollars yikes, you can buy i good used car with that money where i live, thank you very much anyway....

Mark Salter

Oct 29, 2022, 5:54:29 AM10/29/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, it seemed you were serious about earning from the experts.

Perhaps ask the company you are working for to cover it for you, alongside the commercial use license, it would be a good investment in you and your productivity.

--
Mark

Sent from Proton Mail mobile

> i had send an email asking about the course but, 3000 dollars yikes, you can buy i good used car with that money where i live, thank you very much anyway....

That is true, but you'll just be an uneducated soul with a car :) Spending on your knowledge is an investment that with some effort can help you buy a $500,000 Lambo instead of driving the $3000 car.

/V

igor skljar

Nov 2, 2022, 6:54:34 PM11/2/22
to jPOS Users
>3000 dollars yikes, you can buy i good used car with that money where i live

You need to tell more about that car or country where you live now.

суббота, 29 октября 2022 г. в 12:59:05 UTC+3, vsal...@gmail.com:

Alejandro Revilla

Nov 3, 2022, 7:53:59 PM11/3/22
to jPOS Users
Jokes aside,  the trainings are intended to monetize a bit our effort working on jPOS, and are intended to be a very reasonable expense for a financial institution, but not for individuals.

But I'd like to help people with their jPOS questions, for free of course.

We have the Slack channel (feel free to email me and I'll send an invite right away), a Discord channel that you can join right away, Gitter (https://gitter.im/jpos/jPOS), and also IRC #jpos channels at Freenode and Libero. I monitor all of them.

In addition to that, I just blocked 45 minutes all Mondays at 16:45 GMT to have a one-on-one conversation about jPOS with any questions that you might have. If these calls end up being fun and I get good feedback to shape jPOS roadmap, I'll open more slots. Sorry if the time is too inconvenient for your timezone, feel free to email me and I'll try to find other time windows that could work within my schedule availability.

Feel free to book me at https://calendly.com/jpos/ama

Next available slot is this Monday.

danilo alves

Nov 4, 2022, 7:46:56 AM11/4/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
I live in Brazil, and the us dollar skyrocketed here in the last 3 or so years, 3000 us dollars is equivalent os more than 15 grand on Brazilian currency,

With that money i can buy an old but reliable chevrolet vectra :D :D :D :D

image.png

Well the car thing it was just a joke, i have send that course to my boss, they are thinking if they will buy for only the new people or for everybody.

Alejandro Revilla

Nov 4, 2022, 1:18:55 PM11/4/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Well, we could accept that Vectra as a payment method, or better yet, your awesome vintage Karmann Ghia, or at least a Pingo :)

Mark Salter

Nov 4, 2022, 2:22:02 PM11/4/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
That is potentially good new, I hope they come through.

I am sure it is a good investment, hopefully they feel the same and confirm that too 🙂👍