New tutorial - Writing a jPOS Gateway

Alejandro Revilla

May 8, 2017, 10:55:06 AM5/8/17
to jPOS Users, jpos...@yahoogroups.com

Hope you like it, it's a fresh draft so feedback/typos/error reports are welcome

Luiz Felipph

May 8, 2017, 5:14:13 PM5/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com, jpos...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Alehandro!

Great tutorial. My 2 cents:

In page 8:

Just change the port number in 50_xml_server.xml. netstat -an | grep LISTEN is your friend.

Maybe you should break this line or add some text before netstat comand:

Just change the port number in 50_xml_server.xml. You can use netstat -an | grep LISTEN to see in use ports

Sorry about bad english =).

Cheers!

Felipph

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Alejandro Revilla

May 8, 2017, 6:21:07 PM5/8/17
to jPOS Users
Good point Luiz, just fixed it. Feel free to reload (http://jpos.org/doc/tutorials/jpos-gateway.pdf).

Thank you!

adhi nugroho

May 8, 2017, 10:18:48 PM5/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
hello apr,

its great to read this. Btw, maybe you can add link for 30_txnmgr.xml file in page 8. I think is good

adhi

Alejandro Revilla

May 8, 2017, 10:29:57 PM5/8/17
to jPOS Users
Sure! Just added it. Please reload the PDF (http://jpos.org/doc/tutorials/jpos-gateway.pdf).

Thank you for the feedback!

adhi nugroho

May 8, 2017, 11:27:18 PM5/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
hai apr,

why after i add 30_txnmgr.xml, then i try to telnet and send 0800 xml it doesn't reply 0810 like in page 10?

adhi

Alejandro Revilla

May 9, 2017, 9:54:34 AM5/9/17
to jPOS Users
Not sure, why don't you show us your q2.log?

adhi nugroho

May 9, 2017, 10:27:02 PM5/9/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
sure..sorry...i forgot about that.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

adhi
q2-2017-05-09-10.log.gz

Alejandro Revilla

May 9, 2017, 10:33:13 PM5/9/17
to jPOS Users
Looks like you don't have connection with isobridge.jpos.org port 9000, probably a FW issue on your side.

Nik

May 9, 2017, 11:08:46 PM5/9/17
to jPOS Users, jpos...@yahoogroups.com
Hey Alejandro,

The tutorial was great. It cleared many questions I had.

Here is my review on the document.

1) Change "TPS" to "TPS (Transactions Per Second)" on page 1
2) Update the diagram on page 1 to show end to end flow. i.e. put client's sending requests to server and channel doing some work at the other end with JPOS' auto responder
   Updating the diagram to show port numbers (8000 for the server, 9000 for the auto responder, etc.) would also be great
3) Correct spelling "properlyl" to "properly" on page 6
4) Page 10. A short line mentioning why we need a Transaction Manager before the line "We need to add the missing piece, the TransactionManager." What purpose transaction manager serves ?
5) Putting header before Page 3 as PART-1 and before Page 12 as PART-2; as first line on page 1 says "First part will show you how to get it running. Second one will explain you how and why it works"
6) One of the following is correct on page 12:

All incoming messages are handled by the IncomingListener ISORequestListener
All incoming messages are handed to the IncomingListener ISORequestListener

7) Put a one liner mentioning the reason behind configuring a multiplexer. What purpose does a multiplexer serve ?

Kind Regards,
Nik

adhi nugroho

May 10, 2017, 1:33:09 AM5/10/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
thank you very much...i think it cannot ping to...

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

adhi

Mumuney Abdlquadri

May 10, 2017, 2:20:52 AM5/10/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alejandro,

I suggest to add a way to make some variables configurable from external file or system properties.

eg. port of QServer, host and port of Channel

Thanks.

galih.l...@gmail.com

May 10, 2017, 7:43:27 AM5/10/17
to jPOS Users
great job alejandro,

this is very usefull :)

Alejandro Revilla

May 10, 2017, 10:08:28 PM5/10/17
to jPOS Users
Thank you all for the feedback. Nik and Mumuney, I'll try to add your suggestions. Will notify here once done.

Alejandro Revilla

May 14, 2017, 2:01:05 PM5/14/17
to jPOS Users, jpos...@yahoogroups.com
Nik,

I've updated the tutorial (see http://jpos.org/doc/tutorials/jpos-gateway.pdf) with your feedback. Thank you!

I'm sorry I didn't have too much time to expand, but at least the typos, graphs, have been updated.

Hope this is useful for other users.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Allie Harrison

May 17, 2017, 12:37:49 PM5/17/17
to jPOS Users, jpos...@yahoogroups.com
Excellent paper! This helped clear up several questions I had.

Alejandro Revilla

May 17, 2017, 12:51:09 PM5/17/17
to jPOS Users, jpos...@yahoogroups.com
Thank you! I expect to write many more, stay tuned :)