Using Oracle Database with JPOS framework

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 27, 2022, 11:41:05 AM9/27/22
to jPOS Users
First of all , can i use Spring Data JPA with JPOS framework ?
Second How can i use OracleDB with JPOS ?

Alejandro Revilla

Sep 27, 2022, 9:08:15 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
> First of all , can i use Spring Data JPA with JPOS framework ?
Sure, why not?

> Second How can i use OracleDB with JPOS ?
That's a question for Spring Data JPA.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 12:41 PM Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi <abdelrhman...@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all , can i use Spring Data JPA with JPOS framework ?
Second How can i use OracleDB with JPOS ?

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 27, 2022, 9:10:18 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
I think i can not use spring data jpa because i want to handle the connection pooling & close the statement & the connection by myself

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022, 3:08 AM Alejandro Revilla <a...@jpos.org> wrote:
> First of all , can i use Spring Data JPA with JPOS framework ?
Sure, why not?

> Second How can i use OracleDB with JPOS ?
That's a question for Spring Data JPA.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 12:41 PM Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi <abdelrhman...@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all , can i use Spring Data JPA with JPOS framework ?
Second How can i use OracleDB with JPOS ?

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Victor Salaman

Sep 27, 2022, 9:21:17 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
You can do all that from within jPOS. There really is no limit to what you can do.

Yes, you can use Spring Data JPA from jPOS, in fact we do it every day, with automatic wiring of Spring Boot resources inside any jPOS managed entity.
and yes, you can handle transaction demarcation yourself, although it's better if you use Spring's @Transactional annotations and let Spring automatically handle it, but you can also do your own demarcation if desired.

/V

Alejandro Revilla

Sep 27, 2022, 9:42:23 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Then you can use jPOS-EE db module. You'll need a 'db-oracle' module, very similar to 'db-mysql' and 'db-postgres'. We have one for our products, and it's super simple to create, you just need to set Hibernate's dialect, and the appropriate Oracle JDBC driver.

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 27, 2022, 10:24:43 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Am not using the db-module in JPOS , should i ?
As this project is a softpos & million of transactions must be managed effectivelly , so should i use it ? What it will help in ?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "jPOS Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/CAAgSK%3D%3D__MdghVA8pk91DE6FgefKRPy1Gh8rjV7Hk5xvKx1Ddw%40mail.gmail.com.

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 27, 2022, 10:27:15 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
And what if i wanna roll back all the changes happened in all the previous participants and un-saving any saved records in the db ?

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 27, 2022, 10:30:26 PM9/27/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Plus am taking advantage of HikariCP "Connection Pooling"
So how can i use the spring data jpa , connection pooling requires low level management while data jpa is a high level one

Victor Salaman

Sep 28, 2022, 2:09:58 AM9/28/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Spring Data JPA is just an abstraction to simplify data access by exposing your data through a set of patterns (e.g. Repository, Managed transactions, etc). Underneath it's just accessing JPA, and through a JPA provider, your data (Oracle).

jPOS db module: Code -> Hibernate -> Database
jPOS using JPA through EntityManager: Code -> JPA -> JPA provider (e.g. Hibernate) -> Database
jPOS using Spring Data JPA -> Code -> Spring Data repository -> JPA provider -> Database

Your connection pool can be used irrespective of your choice in data access as the connection pool hooks to the JPA provider and not the data access layer.
You can choose whether to have a single transaction with Open/Close transaction participants or you can open a connection when you need it. ...and now the threat of a housing market bubble. The reason for a lot of us not doing the Open/Close transactional strategy is because if your "business transaction" takes 30 seconds, that's 30 seconds where you are tying a connection pool connection, and your resources might become exhausted.

I would recommend you not to use Spring, and use the db module instead until you have a clear grasp of JPA, its transaction management and how the jPOS transaction manager works. As I said before, jPOS is limitless - it's up to you what you can do with it.

/V

Mapfunde Venon

Sep 28, 2022, 6:37:45 AM9/28/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Yes it's possible, i have done some implementations of JPOS with Spring and different databases.
Venon Mapfunde(PMP,Msc Software Engineering,Bsc Computer Science & Mathematics)
Tel:+263 775 091 262
Email:taka...@gmail.com
Skype: venon.mapfunde

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 28, 2022, 7:50:59 AM9/28/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
I almost got you 👍🏻 but is there any reference or a project where i can solid my information plus from your opinion what is the best design ?

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Abdulrahman Ashraf Abu-Hamadi

Sep 28, 2022, 7:51:52 AM9/28/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Any links to these projects if you can i would appreciate it 🤝🏻