add separate runtime participant in transaction manager

Ketan Pawar

Apr 26, 2017, 8:37:11 AM4/26/17
to jPOS Users
Hi,

As I know, if we do any change in deploy/*.xml,  those descriptor xml file gets reloaded at runtime.

Consider we have one transaction manager with 2 participants. And we created new participant with separate jars. If we copied the new participant jar at deploy/lib directory and did changes in respective xml descriptor for addition of this new participant, We received the exceptions that particular class is not found and descriptor doesn't get deployed.

Is it like that we cannot add new separate participant in xml descriptor?
If we add, is it mandatory to restart the Q2?

Thanks,
Ketan

chhil

Apr 26, 2017, 8:57:25 AM4/26/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
We as a rule don't allow hot deployment of transaction managers. We ask clients to stop q2 make changes and then restart. It's more manageable compared to behavioral changes that can impact active participants.

If you are really looking for hot deployment of classes you should look at something like jrebel.

-chhil

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Andy Orrock

Apr 26, 2017, 8:59:06 AM4/26/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Emphatically seconded -- on-the-fly TM updates are a bad practice.

--------
Andy

Alejandro Revilla

Apr 26, 2017, 9:03:05 AM4/26/17
to jPOS Users

Do you get to see a message new classloader [xxxxxxx] has been created in the q2.log ?

Ketan Pawar

Apr 26, 2017, 9:12:56 AM4/26/17
to jPOS Users
Hi Alejandro,

There is no such message in q2.log

Thanks,
Ketan

Alejandro Revilla

Apr 26, 2017, 6:07:34 PM4/26/17
to jPOS Users
Can you try "touching" the `deploy/lib` directory?

Q2 monitors its timestamp in order to know when it has to create a new dynamic classloader.