jPOS Qserver stops in production

jayadeep.cse

Jan 12, 2017, 7:23:26 AM1/12/17
to jPOS Users
Hi All,

We have implemented the jPOS QServer and have rolled out in production. During testing the results were as expected but in production what we have observed is the jpos received the input request but never processed the input request.

I am not sure whether the Thread is not getting created or the request listener is is getting shut down after specific time. We do not get anything in the jPOS or Database log file to digout this issue further.

Here is the screenshot of my 10_server_simulator.xml file. Have been trying to figure out the root cause but no luck yet.  Any inputs on this?

Thanks,
Jay

jayadeep.cse

Jan 12, 2017, 7:38:01 AM1/12/17
to jPOS Users
This is what I see in the log file : -

Andrés Alcarraz

Jan 12, 2017, 7:55:47 AM1/12/17
to jPOS Users
Hi Jayadeep. First a of all screen captures are not the best way to share your data.
 Please share your configuration,  sources and logs as plain text snippets.

Second,  I don't see any problem at all in your log. Are you sure someone is sending messages through the connection?

If that's the case maybe you didn't match the correct channel an thus your Nacchannel is expecting to receive more data to complete the message input and no passing the message to the packager as it doesn't see any complete one.

You should share a dump of what you receive over the wire (with tools like tcpdump or Wireshark if you want more help from this group. Without anymore information I'm afraid only a Sorcerer Supreme could get an accurate answer to your problem.

Good luck.

And.
jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Andrés Alcarraz
Enviado desde mi Móvil

Jayadeep Waghmare

Jan 12, 2017, 7:58:07 AM1/12/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrés,

Thank you for the reply.
I will send the more details on this shortly.

Thanks,
Jayadeep

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 8:23:26 PM UTC+8, jayadeep.cse wrote:
[...]

chhil

Jan 12, 2017, 8:09:55 AM1/12/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
For prod hex/wireshark/logs traces make sure to mask pan/track2/cvv and any other data that needs to be private before sharing it here.

-chhil

Andrés Alcarraz

Jan 12, 2017, 8:40:07 AM1/12/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Yes,  thanks chil,  I forgot to mention that.

In addition Jayadeep,  I guess that simply your server is disconnecting because of the lack of activity. Apparently from the logs it is set to the default of 30 seconds.  I don't have the source code at hand to see if the channel is actually using that timeout as default in case it is not set in the configuration.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/4d253480-1d04-49ea-987f-ee9c7761e585%40googlegroups.com.

Andrés Alcarraz
Enviado desde mi Móvil

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

jayadeep.cse

Jan 16, 2017, 4:24:43 AM1/16/17
to jPOS Users
Hi Andres & Chill,

I was waiting for this issue to reoccur in production so that I can get the Wireshark logs and share with you. But this issue has not occurred again. There was database connection leakage in the code which I fixed and did not see this issue again. May be it was because of DB connection leakage. I have max DB connection defined as 100 in pooling & due to leakage I was getting more than 100 connections.

After fixing this I have not seen this issue again. Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Thanks,
Jayadep