local-port in channel adaptor is not using single port

Alex

Jul 13, 2017, 6:00:21 AM7/13/17
to jPOS Users
Hi All,

I am try to connect to the authorization system using a singe port, i have used local-port in the channel adaptor configuration, however still it uses a random port to connect.

Below is the adaptor configuration

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channel-adaptor class="org.jpos.q2.iso.ChannelAdaptor" logger="Q2" name="RouterHost2Channel">
<channel class="org.jpos.iso.channel.NACChannel" logger="Q2" packager="org.jpos.iso.packager.GenericPackager">
<property name="packager-config" value="cfg\packager\TEST.xml"/>
<property name="local-port" value="8003"/>
<property name="host" value="xxx.xxx.xx.xxx"/>
<property name="port" value="8008"/>
<property name="timeout" value="60000" />
<property name="keep-alive" value="true" />
</channel>
<in>router-host2-send</in>
<out>router-host2-receive</out>
<reconnect-delay>5000</reconnect-delay>
</channel-adaptor>

i have also tried along with local-iface as "127.0.01".

Regards,
Alex

Alejandro Revilla

Jul 13, 2017, 5:09:50 PM7/13/17
to jPOS Users
Just found the problem, and there's a nasty bug.

If there's a connect timeout (and we do have a default one), then this localPort property is not honored.

I'll fix that shortly, but as a temporary fix, please add the following:

   <property name="connect-timeout" value="0" />

in addition to your local-port configuration (no need to set local-iface unless you want to).

Will confirm once this is fixed.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Alejandro Revilla

Jul 13, 2017, 7:56:24 PM7/13/17
to jPOS Users
FYI, this bug is fixed. A nightly build has been forced.

Alex

Jul 14, 2017, 1:21:42 AM7/14/17
to jPOS Users
Thanks Alejandro...Used your workaround got it working. Will check with the new build also.