High Availability

LiNa

Apr 17, 2009, 2:17:09 AM4/17/09
to jPOS Users
Hi,

My team is currently working on High Availability project where we are
building jpos cluster nodes with active-active mode. Each node is
capable of processing request independently with central database.

In order to load-balance the cluster servers, we need some kind of
load balancer or gateway in front to dispatch the job. The issue now
is we don't seem to get the suitable load balancer that can do the job
of load balancing with persistent tcp connection. Most load balancer
in the market can only load balance based on new session/connection.

Has anyone implement HA project before and experiencing similar
problem?

JPos EE used to have HA service. What is the capability of HA service?

Thanks much!

Regards,

Lina

Alejandro Revilla

Apr 20, 2009, 9:20:53 PM4/20/09
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com

> JPos EE used to have HA service. What is the capability of HA service?

The jPOS HA module can be used to implement a master-slave(s) scenario.
We a virtual IP address and the master takes that address. It's good to
implement fast failover, or to easily rollout new versions.

As an alternative, you can use long-lived thin (and reliable) Q2 servers
and implement your load-balancing using a MUX pool, a ReplicatedSpace,
or a JMS based solution.

Hakim

Jan 22, 2013, 6:18:28 AM1/22/13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com, a...@jpos.org
Hi,

Is jPos HA available for downlad? If yes where I can download how about the license?

Please inform.

Regards,
Hakim.

Alejandro Revilla

Jan 22, 2013, 6:24:45 AM1/22/13
to Hakim, jpos-...@googlegroups.com
jPOS HA is still in the jPOS-EE subversion repository, take a look at https://code.google.com/p/jposee/

Regarding the license, here are the details: http://jpos.org/license

--
@apr

luo...@peacesoft.net

Dec 25, 2022, 5:46:56 AM12/25/22
to jPOS Users
    Hi team,

I found the link for HA but searching in document is not help and the link for the ha.zip was deleted.

Can somebody give me the latest document of HA with jPOS?
Many thanks : x

Alejandro Revilla

Dec 26, 2022, 5:25:24 PM12/26/22
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
This is a very old post from 2005. Most of the code for jPOS HA (based on JGroups) can be found in the `rspace` module.

The jPOS HA basically used JGroups to elect a master node that would take a virtual IP address.

These days, you can achieve the same functionality using an L3, or L7 load balancer.

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org