Using jOpenDocument in modular project

Fuffa Fuffact

Oct 9, 2019, 9:33:09 AM10/9/19
to jOpenDocument
Hi, I am a happy user of jOpenDocument for years. Now with the migration to java 12 my applications need to be modular. jOpenDocument binaries are distributed as a non-modular jar. There should be no problem in integrating that in a modular project but unfortunaltely my application crashes at boot with the exception "InvalidModuleDescriptorException", there is this post on stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58299534/modular-project-rising-invalidmoduledescriptorexception-with-jopendocument?noredirect=1#comment102962592_58299534
Actually I converted the application back to a non-modular type and it works, but I would prefer to stay modular since is the recommended approach for new Java applications.
Any suggestion on how to fix this? Can we expect a new jOpendocument release compatible with modular applications?

Many thanks
Carlo

Guillaume Maillard

Oct 9, 2019, 9:36:10 AM10/9/19
to jopend...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As I mentioned in stackoverflow, it's a problem related to JDOM, we will see what we can do in the next version of jOpenDocument.

Regards,
Guillaume