Migration to JOOQ 3.13.2

openc...@gmail.com

May 21, 2020, 4:47:48 PM5/21/20
to jOOQ User Group

Hi, I have a Scala project using JOOQ 3.7.X and want to update to 3.13.x.  Have found some errors such as: “value POSTGRES_9_4 is not a member of object org.jooq.SQLDialect” and “java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jooq.util.GenerationTool”

Could you please provide reference to migration steps ?

Thank you

Rob Sargent

May 21, 2020, 5:03:32 PM5/21/20
to jooq...@googlegroups.com
Let me guess: Start by migrating to a supported version of postgres?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jooq-user/6c784c55-19d3-4e28-bda1-cde37d1fc039%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jooq-user/6c784c55-19d3-4e28-bda1-cde37d1fc039%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Lukas Eder

May 22, 2020, 3:41:46 AM5/22/20
to jOOQ User Group
Hello,

There are two things in effect here:

1. Starting with jOOQ 3.12, versioned SQLDialects are available to the commercial distributions only. The jOOQ Open Source Edition now only has a SQLDialect.POSTGRES dialect, which corresponds to the latest PostgreSQL version supported by jOOQ. This goes along with our strategy of offering the added value of old version support only to our paying customers, such as support for old Java versions, or old Scala versions, etc.
2. Starting with jOOQ 3.11, in order to be ready for JPMS, we had removed our split packages and renamed all split org.jooq.util packages. You should see some additional information in the error messages, or here: https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/issues/7419

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be very happy to help,
Lukas