How to install the framework

Murugappan Ramanathan

Feb 15, 2021, 5:22:14 PM2/15/21
to Joomla! Framework Development

I read the documentation. It says i can install using composer and git and THAT'S IT. Nothing on the actual way of installing the framework. I went to github and found nothing of real meaning to my question. Its pieces everywhere.

Can anyone help me with how install the framework, i mean from the first step of setting up Joomla??

Appreciate all the help.

Hannes Papenberg

Feb 16, 2021, 4:56:59 AM2/16/21
to joomla-dev...@googlegroups.com
If you want to use the framework, simply use composer and do a "composer
require joomla/<package>". You can then use the classes in your code via
the autoloader. However it sounds a bit like you aren't actually looking
for the framework, but for the CMS. With the CMS you can easily create a
website, with the framework you select a number of the 49 packages to
support the code of your custom application.

Hannes