Field Organizer for the Capital Region, PA Stands Up

PA Stands Up Jobs

Nov 22, 2019, 10:16:45 AM11/22/19
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

Field Organizer for the Capital Region

This full-time salaried position is responsible for the development of a volunteer membership base and the campaign work for Capital Region Stands Up (CRSU), a growing chapter of Pennsylvania Stands Up.

This is a political leadership position, responsible for helping to develop the chapters’ overarching strategy (in collaboration with CRSU'S leadership team and PA Stands Up staff), getting buy-in from volunteer leaders and members, and bringing the voices and feedback of the membership base into central decision-making processes.

The position will be based in Harrisburg, and may also support organizing work in the broader PA-10 Congressional District, especially York city. This position will work closely with and be directly supervised by PA Stand Up’s Lead Organizer for PA-10 and will also work closely with the Deputy Organizing Director. This position will be a part of the PA Stands Up organizing team, together with staff in Lancaster, York, Lehigh, Northampton, and Franklin counties.

PA Stands Up is an independent people-powered organization, by and for the many. We organize working people—black, white, and brown—across Pennsylvania's cities, towns, and rural areas. Our chapters develop grassroots leaders and organization to make a difference on issues and in elections. Together we're building the durable infrastructure that's needed to win governing power and enact a bold agenda for the common good.

Primary Responsibilities

  • Continue the work of building Capital Region Stands Up by developing leaders, starting a dues-paying membership model, and building a structure that can support and train local volunteers and leaders.
  • Implement the PA-10 field strategy for PA Stands Up in Harrisburg City, including supporting a base-building and mobilization strategy, a volunteer training program, and direct voter contact efforts with volunteers and potentially paid canvassers.
  • Maintain relationships with key volunteer leaders who have the potential to lead CRSU’s political strategy in Harrisburg through one-on-one meetings, trainings, and planning meetings.
  • Expand PA Stands Up’s base in Harrisburg City through both traditional field strategies and relational and constituency organizing.
  • Fundraise for the organization. This will include recruiting dues-paying members, and working with others to solicit contributions to the organization.
  • Communications and promotion as related to the work and campaigns of the chapter.
  • Manage CRSU contractors, canvass director (during short-term paid canvasses), and interns, as needed.
  • Participate in other state-wide campaign and communications work and responsibilities (up to 25% of time).
  • Other related duties. (CRSU is a new and dynamic organization that needs to be flexible and responsive to the political moment.)

Travel

Owning or having full time access to a car as a licensed, insured driver is preferred, as this position requires travel throughout south-central Pennsylvania. PA Stands Up provides mileage reimbursement and a per diem and lodging when working away from home.

Salary and Benefits

Salary range is $40-45,000 FTE. PA Stands Up is dedicated to workers rights and offers health benefits and generous paid time off to its employees.

How to Apply

Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to jo...@pastandsup.org. Put “Field Organizer PA10” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.

PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.