NUHW Union Representative/Organizer - Santa Cruz/San Jose Area in Calif

NUHW Jobs

Jun 19, 2018, 3:35:04 PM6/19/18
to jobsthatareleft

The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is growing and looking for talented, hard-working individuals committed to building a powerful and democratic union.  The successful candidate for this position will have union experience, preferably in healthcare, organizing workers already represented under collective bargaining agreements.  S/he will be values-driven, self-motivated and resourceful.

NUHW is an independent, member-led union, dedicated to improving the lives of healthcare workers and the people we care for.  We are building a national movement of caregivers to hold healthcare corporations accountable to the public interest and to win affordable, quality healthcare for all.

Qualifications

  • Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
  • Fluency in Spanish and English preferred
  • Effective communication skills – listening, spoken and written
  • Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
  • Knowledge of labor law in areas such as NLRA, FLSA, Title 22, Cal OSHA, etc.
  • Formal and informal negotiating skills
  • Proficiency in computer applications including email, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and use of the Internet
  • Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends

Must have a car, driver’s license and insurance; cell phone with email capability.

For more information about NUHW, go to our website at www.NUHW.org.

Compensation: Salary $54,000-94,000 plus $6,000 auto allowance, employer paid medical and dental benefits for employee and family; life insurance for employee; holidays, sick leave, vacation; HRA and FSA plans; 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.

How to Apply

Email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: jo...@nuhw.org.

Put your beliefs and skills into action. Apply today and be part of making history!

NUHW is committed to staff diversity.  We welcome qualified

people of all backgrounds to apply.

--
Jessica Willett
HR Coordinator