Exciting Campaign Work in 2018 with For Our Future

made...@forourfuturefund.org

Mar 16, 2018, 4:31:27 PM3/16/18
to GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT

For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are seeking multiple National Regional Data Directors as members of the data team to help execute a robust, multi-state independent field program for the 2018 cycle.

FOF aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. In 2017, FOFAF continued to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off of our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF continued its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020, expanding to new states along the way. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on field. Our goal is to engage communities in policy fights and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.

For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.

Primary Responsibilities:

The Regional Data Directors will report directly to the National Deputy Data Director. The Regional Data Directors will work with For Our Future and its partners, and the America Votes VAN database that will be used by staff, partners, paid canvassers, and volunteers. The Regional Data Directors will be responsible for supporting 3-4 state programs and their data and VAN needs. This responsibility includes acting as the point person for their states’ Data Directors. The Regional Data Directors will also work closely with the field, voter contact, and partnership programs to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization.

Specific Responsibilities Include:

  • Act as the administrator to For Our Future’s VAN system for their states, including creating and overseeing processes for clean data management.
  • Creation of state data tools and products.
  • Implement targeting and universe creation with feedback and input from state staff.
  • Build relationships with State Directors, State Data Directors, and State Field Directors.
  • Perform regular trainings on best data practices, VAN usage, and other data related topics.
  • Work with closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
  • Promote a strong and inclusive culture and a team that is mission-driven, well-trained and set up for success in states.
  • Performs other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Deputy Data Director.

Qualifications & Experience

  • Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power – A firm understanding of state legislative processes and political landscape, and the path to building power in states. Ability to work and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
  • Data Management – Previous data management experience on electoral or issue based field campaign(s), including strong familiarity with VAN and data support systems.
  • Field Background – Experience working with a field program, including general understanding of key metrics, best practices, and necessary tools and reports.
  • Communication Skills – Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to write compelling program reports, fundraising/marketing documents, and program debrief reports. Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and work toward resolution required.
  • Technical Training – Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. VAN, Excel) to a less technical audience.
  • Commitment to the Mission – Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
  • Solutions-oriented approach – a willingness to take initiative, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly. Multi-tasker with excellent time management skills and ability to hit deadlines.
  • Candidates should have 2-3 cycles of field campaign experience or comparable issue advocacy experience.

Regional Data Directors will be based in Washington, D.C. Must be willing to occasionally travel and work long hours.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.

To apply, please submit your resume and three references to

 https://boards.greenhouse.io/forourfuture/jobs/1081216