Our group member SKevin RIP

citygr...@aol.com

Aug 28, 2022, 2:23:59 PM8/28/22
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
I was checking my Facebook memories and I saw a copy of a post that I originally sent to this google group in 2004 and SKevin commented and I thought I had not seen any posts from him in a while and I see he passed away in July. Matthew also commented on that post. May they RIP

Gio

Cassie Carter

Aug 29, 2022, 1:33:11 PM8/29/22
to jimcarroll
Oh no! Gio, are you saying you learned of his death on Facebook?

citygr...@aol.com

Aug 29, 2022, 6:11:30 PM8/29/22
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
Yes FB, we were not in touch in any other way.

joey

Sep 11, 2022, 9:56:08 PM9/11/22
to Jim Carroll Discussion List
Dear Jim Carroll friends,
   I am saddened to hear of all these deaths. I have been out of the loop-to use a tired cliche-for years because I wasn't getting any updates. Then, about a month ago, I started getting all these emails about deaths of people I knew and loved only through this page. The good news is that you all are alive and, I hope, doing well. I don't know how many of you remember me but I remember you. God bless and keep you all. I am amazed to find that I am still going and am even a grandfather! I still feel, emotionally, like I'm 25 but physically like 80. But I'm only 69! To be honest, I never wanted to be this old and sometimes... But my daughter and family keep me going. As I said, you may not remember me but, I think, I used to sign off as Joey. Love!

citygr...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2022, 8:51:34 PM9/12/22
to jimca...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joey! I remember you my friend. Bronx guy? I could be wrong about the Bronx part but I will always remember you Joey. I am so happy you have family love. I am sorry I am like the death grim reaper lady but I feel so awful that our fellow JC people are departed. This group meant and means so much to me! Love you all and Happy Birthday to JC. I salute you brother!

 love Gio

Joseph Papaleo

Sep 17, 2022, 10:56:22 PM9/17/22
to jimcarroll
Dear Gio and all,
   You are right about the Bronx. I remember you, of course, and most others. I have not stopped reading Jim's poems (why would I?) and am excited to realize that with my 69 year old memory I can start reading all his prose as well and it will seem fresh. There are some benefits to old age although relatively few from where I sit, slouch, lay. Thanks, as always, Cassie..
                                                                                        Love,
                                                                                          Joey