Emergency release

Julien Dubois

Oct 10, 2016, 4:57:11 PM10/10/16
to JHipster dev team
Hi everyone,

Our microservice code is broken because of https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster/issues/4283

I'm doing an emergency release to fix this. I'm reverting a commit for that, so we will need to understand later what happened.

But I don't have a lot of time, and we must fix this ASAP, so I hope that's fine for everyone.

--
Julien Dubois

Christophe Bornet

Oct 11, 2016, 3:35:20 AM10/11/16
to JHipster dev team
Hi Julien,

The release note for 3.9.0 is gone...

scrippi

Oct 11, 2016, 3:47:59 AM10/11/16
to Christophe Bornet, JHipster dev team

Totally aggreeing!

Julien Dubois

Mathieu Abou-Aichi

Oct 11, 2016, 1:01:25 PM10/11/16
to Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Hi guys!

I don't know if you've already read the news (1-hour old, that's hip) about Facebook's dependency manager: yarn.
I'm going to try it out tonight with JHipster UML and the generator to see if it really is what Apple would describe as a "revolution" (not talking about the missing jack here).
--
Mathieu ABOU-AICHI

Deepu K Sasidharan

Oct 11, 2016, 11:13:28 PM10/11/16
to Mathieu Abou-Aichi, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team

Yes it looks promising and Im glad it doesn't have the weird FB licence. Im gonna try it out for jhipster as well :)

Thanks & regards,
Deepu

sendil

Oct 11, 2016, 11:15:13 PM10/11/16
to Deepu K Sasidharan, Mathieu Abou-Aichi, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team

Deepu K Sasidharan

Oct 11, 2016, 11:32:47 PM10/11/16
to sendil kumar, Julien Dubois, Mathieu Abou-Aichi, JHipster dev team

Which clause?

Thanks & regards,
Deepu

Mathieu Abou-Aichi

Oct 12, 2016, 2:29:45 AM10/12/16
to Deepu K Sasidharan, sendil kumar, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Yarn is pretty interesting:
- crazy fast (30 seconds to install the generator) but gotta test with a clean env with no prior npm installation,
- clearly aimed at compatibility and ease of use with NPM (on top of npm, uses the npm registry, uses the package.json file, yarn commands look like the npm ones),
- only uses one file to save all the data about the dependency management business (yarn.lock),
- NPM has already acknowledged it!

I guess change is coming in the JS dep management business =) and I'm quite intetested about yarn's near future.
--
Mathieu ABOU-AICHI

Deepu K Sasidharan

Oct 12, 2016, 3:30:44 AM10/12/16
to sendil kumar, Julien Dubois, Mathieu Abou-Aichi, JHipster dev team

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

William MARQUES

Oct 12, 2016, 4:08:50 AM10/12/16
to Deepu K Sasidharan, sendil kumar, Julien Dubois, Mathieu Abou-Aichi, JHipster dev team
I was going to tell you guys about this package manager ! I think it would be nice to give it a shot to see if it's really better and then integrate it because that's hip !

Ha ha "clause-3"

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jhipster-dev/5FF4D362-6A45-4880-92BA-0C73B4A630FC%40free.fr.

William Marques