GraphT v1.4.0 released

Joris Kinable

Feb 22, 2020, 12:02:06 AM2/22/20
to jgrapht-dev, jgrapht-users, jgrapht-gsoc, jgrapht-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

JGraphT version 1.4.0 has been released! Moving forward, the 1.4.0 release is an important one. This is the last release for Java 1.8, since Java 1.8 reached its end-of-life status in 2019. The next release will require Java 11.

JGraphT 1.4.0 comes with a number of significant improvements and enhancements. We overhauled the way graphs are imported and exported. The new importers essentially decouple the parsing from the graph construction. You now have the option of parsing without building the graph. This is crucial if you want to bulk import a graph, or when you need to create immutable graphs which require to supply the graph structure as part of the constructor. This is also helpful if you want to combine our parsers with other libraries. Next to changes to the importers & exporters, new, optimized classes to model sparse graphs have been added. These are essential for high-performance computing applications. Finally, JGraphT now also includes a graph drawing/layout component which allows you to project graphs onto a 2-dimensional surface using various popular layout algorithms. Many thanks to Dimitrios Michael for contributing these big changes.
Next to structural changes, many developers made important algorithmic contributions. Thanks to the efforts of Semen Chudakov and Timofey Chudakov we have added various state-of-the-art routing and shortest path algorithms based on contraction hierarchies. Moreover, one of our oldest open-tasks has finally been closed: we have proper support for planarity testing!

For a complete overview of all the changes, refer to the changelog.

cheers,

Joris Kinable

John Sichi

Feb 22, 2020, 2:36:01 AM2/22/20