JGraphT 1.5.0 released

Joris Kinable

Jun 15, 2020, 7:13:29 PM6/15/20
to jgrapht-dev, jgrapht-users, jgrapht-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

With a little bit of a delay, JGraphT 1.5.0 has been released! Since JDK 8 is reaching an end-of-life status at the end of the year, we changed the minimum requirements for JGraphT 1.5.0 to JDK 11. Java 9 introduced a new level of abstraction above packages: modules. In migragrating the code base from JDK 8 to 11, we added support for modularity in JGraphT as well. JGraphT 1.5.0 will be an important milestone in the history of JGraphT as it unblocks the development of a new, ambitious project led by Dimitrios Michail: jgrapht-python! More details on the jgrapht-python project will be unveiled upon its official release.
Finally, for those who missed the previous announcement, our academic paper 'JGraphT--A Java library for graph data structures and algorithms' has been published last month. To read the paper: https://doi.org/10.1145/3381449, and to cite the paper: https://github.com/jgrapht/jgrapht/wiki/Users%3A-How-to-cite-JGraphT
Thanks again to all the contributors, users and supporters of JGraphT,

br,

Joris Kinable

John Sichi

Jun 15, 2020, 11:08:34 PM6/15/20
to Joris Kinable, jgrapht-dev, jgrapht-users, jgrapht-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Thanks Joris!

One release note:  as part of moving to module support, we had to drop support for the jgrapht-bundle jar in the distribution.  We used to provide this as a convenience for non-Maven users, but in the modern era, we suspect it's unlikely that anyone was actually using it.  If you *were* using it, and you want to upgrade to JGraphT 1.5.0, let us know and we can help you figure out how to use individual jars instead.