whiteIsZero / blackIsZero

Juri Vrljicak

May 4, 2021, 10:26:22 AM5/4/21
to jfreesane-discuss
Good morning,

I migrated an app1 to use jfreeSane instead of an old library that was in place. There is another app2 in the ecosystem that reads images generated by app1. When app2 tries to filter out white pages that result of a scan it behaves just the opposite as it used to do.

The way white and black are codified seems to be the thing.

I see there is something called PhotometricInterpretation, in the image information.  I understand jfreeSane generates images where whiteIsZero is true. Is there a way to indicate jfreeSane to set blackIsZero?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

James Ring

May 4, 2021, 10:37:58 AM5/4/21
to jurivr...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
I had a bug in jfreesane a while ago in which black and white were reversed, I'll take a look.

Juri Vrljicak

May 5, 2021, 12:07:09 PM5/5/21
to James Ring, jfreesane-discuss
Well...I can reverse the behaviour by configuration (but I´ll have to touch production configs...)

thx

Juri Vrljicak

May 31, 2021, 3:32:20 PM5/31/21
to James Ring, jfreesane-discuss
Hi James,
Did you have the opportunity to have a look at this?
thx