Using JNLP4

tamal

Jan 25, 2017, 6:53:17 PM1/25/17
to Jenkins Users
Hi,
We want to use JNLP4 with swarm plugin. https://github.com/jenkinsci/remoting/pull/92 . I have only enabled JNLP4 protocol in my Jenkins master. Now, do I need to compile Swarm plugin to use the latest java remoting jar? How do I know that my swam plugin in using JNLP4 properly?

Our main interest in the encryption to traffic between master-slave.

Thanks.

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 6, 2017, 3:34:13 AM10/6/17
to Jenkins Users
Better late than never.
Swarm plugin has been updated in February. Version 3.3 now supports JNLP4.
Not that you need to update not only the plugin, but also the Swarm Client executable.

BR, Oleg