Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Script for TFS as SCM

Salman Patel

Mar 21, 2017, 8:52:30 AM3/21/17
to Jenkins Users
Hello Guys,
I have started creating Jenkins job with Pipeline Plugin. I am able to build a job when I use 'git' for source code (of project to be build) checkout.
Do we have any option to use 'tfs' for the same. I have found some webpages saying that TFS Plugin do not support Credentials plugin, hence use of tfs is not supported in pipeline script. Though, there are some discussions which say that is is possible @ https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/job-dsl-plugin/l0mDRCt4Jn0.
Could anyone help me on how to approach this problem

Mark Waite

Mar 21, 2017, 9:52:11 AM3/21/17
to Jenkins Users
You might check with your TFS administrator to see if they've enabled git access to the TFS repository.  If they have, then you can use the git plugin to clone the TFS repository.

Mark Waite

Sharon Cohen George

Mar 6, 2018, 6:42:48 AM3/6/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Mark,

I am also trying to work with the TFS plugin on Jenkins builds.

We use Jenkins ver. 2.89.4 with the tfs plugin 5.126.0

I can see that the build detects successfully the last change set available,
 but it keeps failing on the stage of get latest sources:
Getting version 'C9477' to '/var/jenkins_home/workspace/TEST_TFS_Plugin@script'...
java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

It looks to me like a permission issue, can you please explain exactly how to enable access to the TFS team project, so that we can complete the getlatest stage?

thanks,
Sharon.

בתאריך יום שלישי, 21 במרץ 2017 בשעה 15:52:11 UTC+2, מאת Mark Waite:

Mark Waite

Mar 6, 2018, 8:17:49 AM3/6/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, but I can't provide detailed configuration instructions for TFS.

Leo Y

Jun 4, 2018, 10:04:36 AM6/4/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi,
Can anyone reference a guideline for creating a pipeline that will know to checkout the pull request from TFS? We use TFS 2017 with Jenkins 2.109 with FS plugin 5.133. We trigger a pull request commit create in TFS Git using a Service Hook to Jenkins. However, in Jenkins pipeline it is unclear how to find the pull request id or any other info. It also seems that if pipeline from SCM is used, the system does not know to checkout from a different Git repository.
Sharon, is it possible for you to share your pipeline and its configuration?