Centralized logging of Jenkins build output.

JJ

Oct 11, 2017, 10:41:50 AM10/11/17
to Jenkins Users
We have many pipelines.  Jenkins stores the logs in each job's build directory under the build number.  We would like to group all of a pipeline's logs together by PIPELINE_VERSION and store them in a centralized location, with a dashboard into the logs. Is anyone doing this?  Suggestions?

Any free open-source products?

Thanks.

Andrew Grimberg

Oct 11, 2017, 12:50:47 PM10/11/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, JJ
Can't say we're doing it with pipelines as we're not currently using
them, but we're doing it with standard Jenkins jobs right now. There's
several requirements with our current setup, but the one that probably
matters the most is that we host the rendered logs on a Sonatype Nexus 2
server. We're open to taking changes to the tooling via our Gerrit
instance at [0].

We've built out a tool [1] that we use for a lot of common tasks that
many of our projects use, along with an ever growing set of common
Jenkins Job Builder job templates [2] that all implement a log shipping
mechanism.

The log shipping macro can be found at [3]

-Andy-

[0] https://gerrit.linuxfoundation.org/
[1] https://github.com/lfit/releng-lftools
[2] https://github.com/lfit/releng-global-jjb