Jmeter Test execution - Blank Performance Trend graphs

Ajith Raman

Aug 3, 2018, 4:06:28 PM8/3/18
to Jenkins Users
Hello,
I run a Jmeter test via Jenkins. Please find below the commands used: Execute Windows Batch command (Build): cd C:\Users\C51539A\Downloads\apache-jmeter-4.0\bin jmeter -Jjmeter.save.saveservice.output_format=csv -n -t Sample_Framework.jmx -l TestResults_%BUILD_NUMBER%.jtl -e -o C:\Users\C51539A\Downloads\apache-jmeter-4.0\bin\HTML_%BUILD_NUMBER% Publish Performance Test result report (Post-Build Actions): C:\Users\C51539A\Downloads\apache-jmeter-4.0\bin\TestResults_${BUILD_NUMBER}.jtl Now the execution completes successfully. But the Performance Trend Graphs are blank. Could you please help me on this? Note: All works fine, when _${BUILD_NUMBER} is removed from the filename. Issue exists, only when _${BUILD_NUMBER} is appended to the filename. Am performing this, in order to make the output files unique.
Thanks in Advance!!

Jan Monterrubio

Aug 4, 2018, 11:50:27 PM8/4/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
What plugin is generating the performance trends?

Jan Monterrubio

Aug 4, 2018, 11:50:43 PM8/4/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Maybe it can't do a trend on an artifact since the names are unique?

Ajith Raman

Aug 6, 2018, 5:21:03 AM8/6/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Jan,

Thank you very much for the response. The plug-in used is Performance.hpi (version - 2.1).

Regards,
Ajith

Jan Monterrubio

Aug 7, 2018, 12:46:53 AM8/7/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I can’t find anything super obvious from a quick glance at the code. Can you enable logging for:
hudson.plugins.performance

Maybe it will show us how it’s evaluating whether there’s previous results or not.

Looks like the class where we might find what’s happening might be

Ajith Raman

Aug 7, 2018, 9:24:39 AM8/7/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Jan,

I did enable logging for "hudson.plugins.performance" (Logger level set to "ALL").

But the log is blank.

Please find below the steps performed (in order to enable logging):

1. Add a New Log Recorder.
2. Provide an appropriate name.
3. Click on "Add" (adjacent to Loggers).
4. Enter the Logger as "hudson.plugins.performance".
5. Set the Log level to "ALL".
6. Save.

Kindly find the Logger configuration attached.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards,
Ajith
Logger_Config.docx

Ajith Raman

Aug 10, 2018, 7:49:07 AM8/10/18
to Jenkins Users
Hello All,

Could anyone help me on this?

Regards,
Ajith

Surjit Bains

Aug 10, 2018, 12:30:49 PM8/10/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
If you view the blank page using the developer tools in your browser what do you see?

Surjit Bains
e: surjit...@gmail.com
m: 07966 161 302

Ajith Raman

Aug 13, 2018, 11:07:32 AM8/13/18
to Jenkins Users
Hi Surjit,

Developer tools show the same stuff (whether graphs are displayed, or blank). Please find the screenshots attached.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
Ajith
DeveloperTools.docx

Surjit Bains

Aug 14, 2018, 5:43:41 AM8/14/18
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
in the script console >

System.clearProperty("hudson.model.DirectoryBrowserSupport.CSP");

System.setProperty("hudson.model.DirectoryBrowserSupport.CSP", "sandbox allow-scripts; default-src 'self'; script-src * 'unsafe-eval'; img-src *; style-src * 'unsafe-inline'; font-src *");

 which will temporarily disable the Content Security Policy which may be blocking your page rendering.