Jenkins all changes number

Axl Kersillian

Oct 11, 2016, 2:12:43 AM10/11/16
to Jenkins Users
Greetings,

I'm new here and I'd like to ask if you guys have encounter about this. If I click all changes (number2), it shows random number and letter. and if I click recent changes (number), it show normal number.

is these normal? or not? if not, how can i change it to numbers like recent changes
number.jpg
number2.jpg
Message has been deleted

Axl Kersillian

Oct 11, 2016, 3:42:51 AM10/11/16
to Jenkins Users
correction..
Greetings,

I'm new here and I'd like to ask if you guys have encounter about this. If I click all changes (number), it shows random number and letter. and if I click recent changes (number2), it show normal number.

Colin Bennett

Oct 12, 2016, 6:30:17 PM10/12/16
to Jenkins Users
Those "random number and letter" are Git commit identifiers.  They are SHA-1 hashes of the Git commit object.  It's kind of like a Subversion revision number, except it's more unique.  For some reason the "All Changes" view is showing you the Git commit that each change came from.

Mark Waite

Oct 12, 2016, 10:15:44 PM10/12/16
to Jenkins Users
That format looks a little different than I'd expect from a git change.  Possibly they are using Mercurial (which I believe has a concept of commit number, in addition to the hash of the commit)?

It would be helpful to know what SCM they are using.

Mark Waite

Axl Kersillian

Oct 13, 2016, 3:11:21 AM10/13/16
to Jenkins Users
Thanks for the reply guys. and thanks for explanation. i thought it was an error on jenkins. i'm still new here and don't know what kind of scm there using.. what i do know is there using git and gradle to build the project.