https://updates.jenkins.io unstable?

jba...@civisanalytics.com

Apr 21, 2016, 6:45:34 PM4/21/16
to Jenkins Users
I'm not sure if this is the right channel to report this issue - if there's a better forum for this please let me know.

I'm trying to set up a jenkins instance in a docker container (which generally has been nice to work with) and I'm having a hard time downloading plugins.  I don't remember seeing this issue before the last few hours.

The basic issue seems to be timeouts while downloading plugins.  Sometimes it's able to download a few plugins before dying.  E.g.

Step 3 : RUN /usr/local/bin/plugins.sh /usr/share/jenkins/plugins.txt

---> Running in d11768c365c5

Downloading hipchat:1.0.0
Downloading workflow-step-api:1.11
Downloading github:1.18.1
Downloading git-client:1.18.0
Downloading scm-api:0.2
Downloading git:2.4.0
Downloading github-api:1.69

curl
: (7) Failed to connect to updates.jenkins-ci.org port 443: Connection timed out

The command '/bin/sh -c /usr/local/bin/plugins.sh /usr/share/jenkins/plugins.txt' returned a non-zero code: 7

I'm seeing this both from an EC2 instance as well as my local network.  Even loading the web interface at https://updates.jenkins.io sometimes takes a long time to load.  The straight HTTP version seems not to be affected.  Finally, using https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime to try to load  https://updates.jenkins.io is also reporting a lot of TCP connection issues.

Unfortunately the docker image isn't set up to cache plugins already downloaded so retrying this always starts at the top of the order.

I saw someone else facing other network issues earlier today - maybe some of the infrastructure is just in flux?

Daniel Beck

Apr 22, 2016, 2:16:45 AM4/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 22.04.2016, at 00:45, jba...@civisanalytics.com wrote:
>
> I saw someone else facing other network issues earlier today - maybe some of the infrastructure is just in flux?

Turns out you weren't the only one downloading 2.0 and downloading plugins, so the infra got a good workaround. I know Tyler was working on it around time you wrote your email, and it seems better now, so it's likely fixed.

Daniel Beck

Apr 22, 2016, 2:53:17 AM4/22/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 22.04.2016, at 08:16, Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:
>
> workaround

Workout. It got a workout.

It's still early morning here :-)

jba...@civisanalytics.com

Apr 22, 2016, 9:40:41 AM4/22/16
to Jenkins Users, m...@beckweb.net
It's all better this morning - thanks for the quick reply!