Parameterized Scheduler is not working in the Jenkins

Rishabh Bakshi

Nov 15, 2017, 7:42:43 AM11/15/17
to Jenkins Users

Hellow everyone,

See this image i have installed "Parameterized Scheduler" plugin

But this plugin is not continued by the jenkins

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Plugins

See this link also

https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameterized-scheduler-plugin/blob/master/README.md

when i setup the project to Jenkins, i m not getting this option.

If their is no solution of this problem then suggest me the substitute for this plugin

Regards

Rishabh

Jackson, Randy

Nov 15, 2017, 9:56:26 AM11/15/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

Rishabh,

I have this plugin (version 0.5) installed on my Jenkins environment  using the latest LTS version of Jenkins (2.73.3), and it has been running under previous versions as well with no problem.

Did you restart Jenkins after you installed the plugin?  I’ve had issues in the past where even though a plugin shows it installed immediately, not all functionality is there until a restart.

Randy

This email is intended solely for the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or contain privileged information. Review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email by anyone other than an intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. While precautions have been taken to help ensure no computer viruses are present, there is a risk whenever transmitting emails or downloading attachments. The sender will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any malware in this communication or for improper or incomplete transmission of its contents or for any delay in its receipt.

Jackson, Randy

Nov 15, 2017, 10:36:54 AM11/15/17
to Jenkins Users

Rishabh,

One little quirk I also found is that you must add your parameter names to the job through the “This project is parameterized” option, save the job, then go back into configure and you should then see the “Build periodically with parameters” option, where you can add the run times and parameter values.

Randy

Nov 26, 2017, 8:14:48 AM11/26/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this issue is documented on https://github.com/jenkinsci/parameterized-scheduler-plugin/blob/master/README.md#configuration though I agree this is really not user-friendly.