Cannot create cloud using vSphere plugin

john.peterson

Apr 10, 2018, 12:28:59 PM4/10/18
to Jenkins Users
New install of Jenkins and I have replicated all plugins from our running system.  Tried vSphere plugin 2.16 and 2.17.

Under Configure System I have a section at the bottom that says "Add a new cloud" and if I click the pull-down it says vSphere Cloud.  But when I click that, nothing happens.

This is the 4th system I have created over the last 3-1/2 years and this is the first time I have run into this.

Thoughts?  Am I missing some dependency that isn't being flagged?

Daniel Beck

Apr 10, 2018, 4:15:14 PM4/10/18
to Jenkins Users

> On 10. Apr 2018, at 18:28, john.peterson <john.p...@nikon.com> wrote:
>
> Under Configure System I have a section at the bottom that says "Add a new cloud" and if I click the pull-down it says vSphere Cloud. But when I click that, nothing happens.
>
> This is the 4th system I have created over the last 3-1/2 years and this is the first time I have run into this.
>
> Thoughts? Am I missing some dependency that isn't being flagged?

Make sure the URL you're accessing Jenkins with is the same that's configured as its Jenkins URL Location.

Check your browser console for JS or HTTP errors.

Could also be the same bug as JENKINS-47885 just manifested in a different plugin.

john.peterson

Apr 11, 2018, 11:31:30 AM4/11/18
to Jenkins Users
After lunch, all of a sudden it then created the missing fields.  Hmmm...  :-(

Also interesting on this system.  Every other system we have is using a simple alias for the http://<name>.  This one system won't work with the alias.  However, this system has been problematic every step of the way.  Luckily, down to one last problem.