Jenkins 2.277.1 Issue?

eric....@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2021, 11:15:15 AM3/22/21
to Jenkins Users
Hi!  Last week we took 2.277.1 when patching.  I didn't see any issues until this morning when I tried to log on and got 403 No valid crumb was included in the request.  I restarted the server a few times trying to fix it but never could get logged in.  I did some research and found a thread telling me to make a global security setting change to proxy compatibility (even though I'm not proxied), but couldn't get to global security to try that.  So I backed it out to 2.263.4, where we were before.  It's working again, but I'm guessing the same thing will happen next time we apply patches.  Is there a change with 277 that will make me have to change some setting or another?  Thanks!

xJom

Apr 2, 2021, 8:37:53 AM4/2/21
to Jenkins Users
I have the same problem on one of my instances, but I also have the problem that I cannot go back to previous version, because it destroys the other instances. I think there is a compatibility issue for plugins, and if you could go back, then update all your plugins according to the compatility matrix here.
For me, I think I need to try to upgrade the plugins manually...

xJom

Apr 6, 2021, 8:54:31 AM4/6/21
to Jenkins Users
So, the https://github.com/jenkinsci/plugin-installation-manager-tool really saved my day. I went through the plugins directory and checked against the compatibility list, and upgraded all of the plugins with the Plugin Installation Manager Tool. And finally we are up-and-running again!

eric....@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2021, 2:28:57 PM4/23/21
to Jenkins Users
Thanks xJom, finally put in the time, figured out the necessary upgrades and did it.  Worked like a charm!!!