Whats the benefit of using a db with pipeline maven integration pipleine-maven-plugin

Siegfried Kiermayer

Dec 30, 2020, 9:50:30 AM12/30/20
to Jenkins Users
Hi,

the Pipeline Maven Integration (pipeline-maven-plugin) states that for production you should use mysql/postgres instead of the embedded h2. Now we are running that setup with h2 for a long time without any issues and i was not able to find any information on what the difference is.

Our current setup is kubernetes based and we have a handfull of jenkins instances; I'm now not sure if the benefit of using a database is worth the effort.

We build on ~100 agents and they probably are connecting back to jenkins master or do they all have their own h2?

Does someone has benchmarks or is it more about reliability?

Tx,

Sigi